[tei-council] valList in <content> of <elementSpec>

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Aug 31 10:03:45 EDT 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

[...]
>   1. stop allowing <valList> as a child of <content> and make it a
> sibling instead
>   2. remove <content> from tei_all to avoid the situation
>   3. accept that we don't support XSD schemas properly
>
> I think the only acceptable answer here is 1., and I propose that we
> allow <valList> as a sibling of <content>, in the same way that it is
> a sibling of <datatype> in <attDef>.

This would fix what is otherwise an inconsistency. The major negative
would simply be that many existing ODD files using content[valList]
would become invalid, correct?

It's much less common to want to specify a value list for elements than
for attributes, so the real-world consequence of the change might not be
severe.

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA