[tei-council] Shopping cart tryout

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Tue Aug 18 10:48:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Lou wrote:

> 10. Why do the registration details *require* a phone? And shouldnt
> there somewhere be the standard disclaimer promising not to sell my
> contact details to anyone?

Any transaction that includes credit-card processing normally requires a
telephone number for contact in case there's a problem with the
transaction, no? I don't see a problem with it, given the privacy policy
statement that's on the main page now.

On the current entry page, I'd suggest changing "Enrol" to "Enroll" as
the latter is an acceptable Commonwealth/UK spelling but the first will
look like a typo to USAians. Or substitute "register" or whatever.

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA