[tei-council] Shopping cart tryout

James Cummings james.cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 17 08:40:04 EDT 2009

Hiya,

Some css-related annoyances:

1) Is there are reason there are such weird Quantities of things? Looking at the Register for Conference/Workshop page it gives me a Qty. column with 130 (conference) and 25 (workshop).  I can even sort the list by these quantities, but have no idea what they mean.  (Since they don't seem to be related to price.)

2) The side-bar navigation style doesn't match the TEI website: The top bit has the same colour but you don't get informed they are links by having the colour change and underline appear when you hover over them.  There are also two colours of blue (i.e. 'Privacy notice' is a normal blue link rather than TEI blue.)  There is nothing that distinguishes 'How Can I...' 'Shopping Cart' and 'Information' from each other even though Shopping Cart is a link.  When I went to the shopping cart and came back, the text 'Shopping Cart' disappeared (well white on white, turning yellow on hover).

3) 'Item starting with' dropdown alphabetical selection box is just annoying.

4) Site Map has an extra blank nested list item.

5) You should be able to opt-out of 'Newsletters' on the registration page.  The only place I could find to do this was on My Account -> 'Subscribe/ unsubscribe from newsletters'.

6) geekhost.ca seems fairly expensive for just hosting a zencart installation for the number of registrations we're likely to get.  Why aren't we doing this at Virginia? (Also I happen to know some of us already have hosting solutions that allow custom installations of zencart and so we could do this at no charge -- but I recognise having it separate from any individual person has its benefits.)

All that I notice with a first glance at it.

-James