[tei-council] NASA looking to digitize Wernher von Braun's Notes

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:59:04 EDT 2009

Peter, if you can get things started I'm happy to come in and be what
help I can be!

Dot

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Daniel Paul
O'Donnell<daniel.odonnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't sound like it. I was about to propose a work plan. But you
> can do that as well as me. It doesn't seem too complex: basically a
> blurb about the TEI and standardisation; something about workflow
> including keying (it looks like we will be offering that at the TEI for
> approx. $1.50 a page), and then something about the different ways of
> editing material in XML--best text, apparatus, etc.
>
> Sound about right?
>
> Thanks very much Peter!
>
> -dan
>
> Peter Boot wrote:
>> I think the upshot of the discussion is that no one is working on this
>> right now? If over the coming days I set up a document and begin
>> writing some sections, am I duplicating someone's effort?
>>
>> Peter
>>

> --
> Daniel Paul O'Donnell
> Associate Professor of English
> University of Lethbridge
>
> Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
> Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
> President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
> Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
>
> Vox: +1 403 329-2377
> Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
> Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com