[tei-council] Proposal for TEI website stable URIs and archiving

Elena Pierazzo elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 14 05:39:15 EDT 2009

I was not in Lyon so possibly you already discussed a couple of the
things I am commenting on now, so please forgive me if it is the case.

1. Have we considered to use PURL or DOI as a tool to enhance the
persistence? In this case we might be able to change all links (for
instance go to extension-less) without fear of breaking them.
2. I cannot understand the difference between point releases (par. 1.2.)
and the one in the Vault (par. 3): when a point release become part of
the Vault?
3. Simplify the access to Guidelines: David was mentioning Melissa's
presentation: I remember she also said the codes as P5 should be avoided
until someone has understood what P5 is, so what about calling the link
"TEI Guidelines (current)" or similar? (by the way, I prefer the link
from the home page, so option 1).

Thank you for your work!
Elena

--