[tei-council] Proposal for TEI website stable URIs and archiving

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 19:11:46 EDT 2009

* as regards the web site making P5 more visible and prominent,
   I think tha arguments are good, any I don't have any
   great wisdom to add. rewriting the "P5 index page"
   will need someone to hack the hard-wired XSL, by the way.

* the versioning of releases - I have two concerns

    1. that it be 100% automated. ie write a script which
       does all the moving and making of symlinks/rewrites.
       make it _really_ easy, else we'll forget to do it
    2. what about all the rest of the release? you only
       mention the HTML. the whole tree just moves around,
       no changes which might affect relative links?

* as regardless extensionless URLs, I'd like some
   confirmation that no browers would misbehave with this.
   are our files being delivered with the right mimetypes or whatever?

   I do worry that this is a step too far. without rewrites,
   all the existing URLs would break, and I think the rewrites
   may be complex.

I'd vote for doing the web site changes and the versioning,
(as separate exercises) and holding off on the extensionless
stuff for a bit.

Finally, if we do it, lets make this a clear project with
allowed person time, deadlines
and deliverables. Be specific about what can be achieved
by the next MM. I personally am sort of thinking
I will very little time to assist on it before October.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente