[tei-council] Proposal for TEI website stable URIs and archiving

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 13 11:30:33 EDT 2009

All,

James and I have been conferring on a proposal for stable (or "canonic")
URIs for documentation on the website, including the archiving of
TEI releases. The proposal is here:

http://lister.ei.virginia.edu/~drs2n/uri-proposal.html

Please take a look at this and offer feedback.

The proposals assume that we can make some changes to directory
structures and the ways that certain files are named or URLs are
resolved on www.tei-c.org. Some of these changes would be technically
more complicated than others. Any proposal that we agree on will still
need to be considered by the people responsible for administering the
server, namely Chris Ruotolo and sysadmin Shayne Brandon; if their
verdict is that some things are difficult or unworkable, we may have to
revisit the recommendations. (The proposal for extensionless URIs is the
most likely source of difficulty, I think.)

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA