[tei-council] Tite Digitization Benefit Status

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:43:34 EDT 2009

Hi all (cc'd to council because they have been actively discussing this
lately),

A quick update on the proposed digitisation benefit. In response to our
RFP we had 12 submissions. We've narrowed this down to a shortlist of
four whom we will be contacting tonight. We are now running a couple of
days late on the RFP timeline, and may have to extend the shortlist
period, because the vendor proposals raised a number of practical issues
that may require additional testing before a finalist is decided.

I am investigating whether we should/can publicly announce the
shortlisted vendors (there are legal issues concerning the
confidentiality of bids that may need straightened out). Since we are
acting for the board, I'll send a separate confidential email to the
board list later this evening with the list for their information.

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)