[tei-council] Supplying default namespace with TEI Tite

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 04:24:30 EDT 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:
>> it's simple - we issue a companion "Tite Lite"
>> which is kept in sync with Tite, but is not
>> TEI conformant, because we put it all in the
>> empty namespace, including extension elements.
>> it would work fine. and people would abuse it :-}
>>

> Laurent, this is another example of English humour. Please do not take
> it as a serious suggestion!

its entirely serious. there are
three choices, if Tite needs those extra elements

 1. add them to the core TEI
 2. add them in their own namespace, as per guidelines
 3. add them to same namespace as the rest and thus make Tite nonconformant

there are no magic bullets, unless you think I misread conformancy...

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente