[tei-council] Supplying default namespace with TEI Tite

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 03:53:32 EDT 2009

Laurent Romary wrote:
> The point is that Tite is not only to be used by vendors, but is likely
> to be considered as a reference for many academic projects big or small
> having to proceed with digitization aspects.

depressing :-}

> If there is such a hurdle
> as a double validation process,

calling it "double validation" makes it
sound scarier than it is, I think :-} anyone
competent in XML processing can cope with it
blindfold.

> it is likely not to be misused or even
> rejected. I would follow David here: thinking the Tite principles over
> to simplify the core mechanisms would be a real benefit for all.

what simplification do you want? the problem
is that Tite defined some new elements, and we
made a fundamental decision that those cannot
be in the TEI namespace

> How much work (or thinking) would this require?

it's simple - we issue a companion "Tite Lite"
which is kept in sync with Tite, but is not
TEI conformant, because we put it all in the
empty namespace, including extension elements.
it would work fine. and people would abuse it :-}

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente