[tei-council] Supplying default namespace with TEI Tite

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 6 21:23:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> It's all along been my assumption that Tite would be
> used by people with a reasonably sophisticated
> processing environment and understanding of XML, which
> is why I at least have not been bothered by this.
> If you're seeing that the assumption is false, and that
> relatively naive folks will be using Tite, then
> mayhap we have to think again about those convenience
> elements.

No, I think that's a valid assumption. Or at any rate, if Tite is being
used by conversion vendors, a prima facie requirement for the vendor
should be the ability to create the proper environment for using it
properly.

It's just that in my experience, making things as simple as possible for
conversion vendors = reducing one's own headaches (because Murphy's Law
always applies).

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA