[tei-council] word-dividing

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 13:10:55 EDT 2009

Since this is just an example (and hence non-normative, however much
people may copy it in practice), I don't see the reason for issuing a
rush release 1.4.2. It sounds like consensus is building around midWord
or inWord (I like the first). But this is something that can be changed
for the next release. There is no backwards compatibility to break here:
the vocabulary is not controlled and no official sheets or guidelines
modules are going to depend on the precise value of this attribute.

So this is a question of aesthetics rather than syntax or even
semantics, IMO. Let's let it go and/or take a vote on what we'd like to
get in the next release of the guidelines. But surely this shouldn't
_drive_ the next release!

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)