[tei-council] proposal for a Scholarly Publishing SIG

Susan Schreibman susan.schreibman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 09:43:05 EDT 2009

Many thanks for your constructive comments on this SIG proposal. It
sounds from the conversation that this SIG is a winner.

The concerns raised, that this not simply cover print publication, but
web-based publication was flagged to the SIG proposer. In fact, Laurent
and I are aware of another possible SIG that is interested in developing
a schema for web-based publication. Laurent and I asked the proposers to
see if they could combine into one, but it seemed they were not able to
find enough common ground (I'm not sure why).

I will, however, take your comments back to Kenneth:

1) that Council encourages this SIG to consider both print and online
publication in its schema development;
2) that several members of Council have suggested that a meeting be held
in Europe on this matter (I'll forward the individual suggestions)

The only other item is the Council liaison. I'm not sure how a liaison
was chosen in the past, or if there can be more than one. Laurent --
perhaps you can help me with this one.

Please also let me know if I have missed any points to convey to Kenneth.

Susan

--
Susan Schreibman, PhD
Director