[tei-council] proposal for a Scholarly Publishing SIG

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 20 10:38:06 EDT 2009

I'd be interested in this as well.  With another hat on, Digital
Medievalist uses a TEI P5 subset for publishing its open access journal.
  Any such standard shouldn't be limited to print publications. If any
standard customisation which fit the bill (i.e. not Tite) was agreed
upon I'm sure we'd be interested in using it and helping to develop
tools that work with it.

-James

Laurent Romary wrote:
> I think it should be taken metaphorically, i.e. an endeavour which is
> likely to have even more impact than Tite.
> In any case we need to have a TEI customization for publishing. I
> would be ready to organise (or Oxford ?) a meeting on this side of the
> Atlantic with European publishers...
>

> Le 20 juin 09 à 13:48, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :
>
>> I'm very interested in this area (as I imagine Laurent will be too),
>> though I totally shudder at the idea of using Tite :-}
>>
>> --
>> Sebastian Rahtz
>> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>> 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431
>>
>> Sólo le pido a Dios
>> que el futuro no me sea indiferente

Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford