[tei-council] Videos again

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:55:41 EDT 2009

We only have a week, I just don't think that's enough time to do an
open call, get in submissions, and judge them.

Dot

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM, David Sewell<dsewell at virginia.edu> wrote:
> If we define "the core members of your team" to include the TEI
> community at large, then an open call makes a lot of sense.
>
> It would be nice, as well, to have a final product that could be used
> for other purposes also, considering that the chances of actually
> winning the Community Choice Award are probably low (as it depends on
> having a finalist decline the nomination).
>
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> I was walking downstairs to get some coffee thinking "too bad I'm at an
>> undergraduate only university with no digital programme and so can't set
>> an enthusiastic student on the problem."
>>
>> And then I thought, what about our enthusiastic user community?
>>
>> What would the rest of you think about an open call for videos fitting
>> the bill (using the example James suggests as a model)? I could even put
>> up a free copy of the guidelines to the winner out of our small reserve
>> for gifts and new member redemptions. It might be a fun competition for
>> some of the student members of our community.
>>
>> -dan
>>

> --
> David Sewell, Editorial and Technical Manager
> ROTUNDA, The University of Virginia Press
> PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
> Courier: 310 Old Ivy Way, Suite 302, Charlottesville VA 22903
> Email: dsewell at virginia.edu   Tel: +1 434 924 9973
> Web: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com