[tei-council] Videos again

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Jun 11 13:31:54 EDT 2009

If we define "the core members of your team" to include the TEI
community at large, then an open call makes a lot of sense.

It would be nice, as well, to have a final product that could be used
for other purposes also, considering that the chances of actually
winning the Community Choice Award are probably low (as it depends on
having a finalist decline the nomination).

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:

> I was walking downstairs to get some coffee thinking "too bad I'm at an
> undergraduate only university with no digital programme and so can't set
> an enthusiastic student on the problem."
>
> And then I thought, what about our enthusiastic user community?
>
> What would the rest of you think about an open call for videos fitting
> the bill (using the example James suggests as a model)? I could even put
> up a free copy of the guidelines to the winner out of our small reserve
> for gifts and new member redemptions. It might be a fun competition for
> some of the student members of our community.
>
> -dan

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA