[tei-council] [Fwd: Community Choice Awards: Finalist Notification]

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:19:28 EDT 2009

Well, we've less than a week. Anybody inspired enough to do it?

James Cummings wrote:
> Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:
>> I've just passed this on to the board.
>>
>> Seriously, this is a pretty big honour. In addition to being proud of
>> ourselves, we should be thinking about what to do about it. Is the
>> thinking we should use the viral video? It is a pretty neat idea.
>
> I think the viral video doesn't really explain what TEI is very well.
> If I watched it I would assume it was some XML thing for music videos
> at best.
>
> I think we should do something like the excellent
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE
> "Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us" by Mike Wesch.  (That I'm sure
> you've all seen, or should have seen.)
>
> -James
>

>> -dan
>>
>> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>> see below
>>>
>>> its probably a non-happening, but
>>> the point about the video is interesting.
>>>
>>> who'd like to produce, direct and star in a quick
>>> promo on you tube?

>>> [-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/