[tei-council] [Fwd: Community Choice Awards: Finalist Notification]

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:10:41 EDT 2009

What is this "read the message" you speak of? Does anybody do that any
more? I thought email was like poetry: more people write it than read it.

Lou Burnard wrote:
> Iff you read the message it  does make clear what kind of video they're looking
> for -- and the Dylan one is not it. Not that that need stop us (and indeed, it
> hasn't)
>

> n message <4A30B00A.6040806 at oucs.ox.ac.uk> James Cummings
> <James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:
>>
>>> I've just passed this on to the board.
>>>
>>> Seriously, this is a pretty big honour. In addition to being proud of
>>> ourselves, we should be thinking about what to do about it. Is the
>>> thinking we should use the viral video? It is a pretty neat idea.
>>>
>> I think the viral video doesn't really explain what TEI is very well.
>> If I watched it I would assume it was some XML thing for music videos at
>> best.
>>
>> I think we should do something like the excellent
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE
>> "Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us" by Mike Wesch.  (That I'm sure
>> you've all seen, or should have seen.)
>>
>> -James
>>

>>> -dan

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/