[tei-council] Another issue with @pattern

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 10 09:08:36 EDT 2009

Gabriel Bodard wrote:

> So with this new method on certainty, how do we now say what used to be
> called @locus ='#gi' ? i.e. the name of this element may be wrong?
>
> <certainty target="#a123" locus="name"/> with no pattern?

yes. this means that you are saying something about the certainty of the
*name* of whatever it is that #a123 resolves to (you probably should
have a @degree on the element too)

note that you could also supply a pattern, e.g.

<certainty target="#a123" pattern= "/*" locus="name"/>

(modulo my shaky syntax) means you are talking about the certainty of
the names used for the immediate children of whatever #a123 resolves to.