[tei-council] last minute rename proposal

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:53:35 EDT 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:
> Apologies if I'm digging up an issue firmly buried, but I really don't
> like the name <data> for one of the elements about to be added to TEI P5
> at the next release.  Can you remember what it is for? No, neither can
> I. It's not exactly obvious is it?
>
> I'd like to propose the following renaming:
>
> constraint -> ruleDef  (by analogy with attDef)
> data -> rule
>
> or, if you don't like that
>
> constraint -> constraintSpec
> data -> constraint

I made up the existing names, and I don't mind changing them.
Can we decide quite quickly, though?

But I'd recommend _not_ using <rule>, cos that means
something spcific in Schematron. It's not technically
a problem, but I'd say it is worth avoiding if we can.

<constraintSpec> and <constraint> would be fine to
(as would ruleDef and rule if everyone prefers).

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente