[tei-council] Another issue with @pattern

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Jun 8 19:17:41 EDT 2009

I agree, Peter, that we should be thinking of this as part of the pointers rather than a mechanism for this one element. And you, Lou, and Gabby are beginning to convince me that maybe we should come up with a reduced solution to the problem with certainty while we digest the larger proposal. Maybe adding sthing like @path is a P5.5 thing.

If Gabby's suggestions answer the brokenness Lou discovered perhaps we should pursue those. In doing it though we should keep an eye on the possibility that we'll be adding a much more powerful approach in the medium term and so try to makes sure we build something now that looks robust enough to survive subsequent developments.

Daniel O'Donnell
University of Lethbridge
(From my mobile telephone)