[tei-council] Another issue with @pattern

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 8 04:53:28 EDT 2009

Let's not lose sight of the problem we're trying to solve here.

Gabby wants to be able to indicate uncertainty etc. about an attribute
value, using a nice simple syntax.

If the can of worms that @path opens proves to be a pandora's box, then
I propose to withdraw it hastily, and replace it with one or other of
the following less attractive hacks:

a) restore the possibility of specifying that the locus of uncertainty
is an attribute value by allowing for a value of "@" + anyWord on @locus

b) replace @pattern by an ad hoc @attribute attribute