[tei-council] dim

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 11:57:23 EDT 2009

As I said the other day, I'm happy to cede to the wisdom of my betters
on this. But Sebastian, you agreed that introducing two methods of
referencing the same point at the same time using two different syntaxes
was an issue. Have we decided if it is at least worth while discussing
this in the Guidelines.

My own view is that a note saying that target + path is shorthand for
//*[xml:id]/<something else> is probably worthwhile.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project
(http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/