[tei-council] num

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 07:14:40 EDT 2009

Well, it's essential for me to be able to record date spans with
imprecise start points, so will be another blocker for P5 conversion of
EpiDoc.

Anyway, I don't mean to harry you, but I'm just hoping it might slip
under the door before the next release. Again, anything I can do to help
(e.g. with examples, GLs, etc.) just shout!

Lou Burnard a écrit :
> Still on the list, sorry.
>
> Implementing it isn't too difficult though I'm still a bit dubious about
> how useful it really is.
>

> Gabriel Bodard wrote:
>> Sounds fine to me... it solves the problem I have with fractions, and
>> means I have less to change in my XML.
>>
>> (Any word on when <precision/> will be implemented?)
>>
>> Thanks,

>> Lou Burnard a écrit :
>>
>>> There having been no dissenting voices to this proposition, and it being
>>> a lot easier to implement, I am now planning to go ahead and change the
>>> definition of data.numeric to permit things like
>>>
>>> <num value="22/7">pi</num>

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher & Digital Classicist)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities