[tei-council] all change at Sourceforge

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 19 14:54:11 EDT 2009

Interesting note today from the Sourceforge folks:

"To best serve the needs of our community, we are electing to eliminate some
of the older site-integrated features in lieu of more viable replacements
we've launched as Hosted Apps."

"The following applications are due to be deprecated, replaced by
high-quality Open Source applications we have in our Hosted Apps offering:

  * TaskManager will be replaced by TaskFreak!, dotProject and Trac
(tickets).
  * DocManager will be replaced by MediaWiki and Trac (wiki).
  * Discussion Forums will be replaced by phpBB.
  * Diary and Notes will be replaced by WordPress."

We'll have to consider what we want to do with this
plethora of riches. Having a trac instance linked
to the Subversion repository could be a really thing
for us to switch to.

I'll keep you informed as and when we have
to make decisions, but bear the above in mind.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente