[tei-council] multi-valued closed lists

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 15 03:48:00 EDT 2009

wait a minute:

>> - xml doesnt constrain or preserve the order of the values so you shouldnt
>> depend on it

this isn't true, is it?

If I say rend="a b", XML per see will always treat
"a b" as an atomic string, and can never turn it
into "b a". any more than it would ever turn
<name value="Lou Burnard"/> into <name value="Burnard Lou"/>

the multi-valuedness is known to the schema, for checking,
of course.

whether the PSVI respects the order I am not sure.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente