[tei-council] multi-valued closed lists

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu May 14 17:19:49 EDT 2009

The syntax is a bit odd in that one might expect the attributes on
<valList>. But if the documentation in 22.4.5 is expanded to note that
datatype/@minOccurs and datatype/@maxOccurs are the things to use to
express constraints on quantity, and if we provide an example, this
shouldn't be a problem.

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> David Sewell wrote:
> > If <valList> is allowed to carry @maxOccurs and @minOccurs, what happens
> > in the case where <datatype> has them also (especially if the values
> > conflict)?
>
> yes, indeed, managing that sort of thing is a pain.
>
> so the syntax I used looks OK to you?

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA