[tei-council] TEI-XML as basis for print publications?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 14 15:15:32 EDT 2009

David Sewell wrote:

> There will most likely be a TEI SIG proposal for a publishers' SIG of
> some sort, and a grant proposal may emerge from the AAUP (Association of
> American University Presses) to develop a collaborative schema,
> workflow, and possibly conversion tools (MS Word to XML for example).

There's a lot of potential for duplication/collaboration of effort here.
@Oxford, we have:

  - a collaboration with ISO on Word <--> XML
  - a component within ENRICH of Word <--> XML
  - two grant proposals being readied which _also_ include this work
  - the Vesta framework

I am not entirely sanguine about our chances of getting these,
but if we do, the funding comes on the timescale of this autumn.

Obviously we also do a small amount of typesetting from TEI XML
(tho not journals).

> In the meantime, does anyone have a sense offhand of how many print
> monographs or journals have been produced via a TEI workflow?
I have done a book and a conference proceedings,
apart from the Guidelines

> Should I
> post the query to TEI-L?
yes :-}