[tei-council] idle musing on customization

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 4 08:06:42 EDT 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:

> <moduleRef key="core" include="p"/>
>
> <elementSpec ident="p" module="core">
> <attlist mode="replace">
> <attDef ident="foo" mode="delete"/>
> </attList>

not sure what you're trying to say there.

i was thinking of what happens when we add a new
global attribute ("type", perhaps), which again
changes Lite and Tite

> which opens the door to a whole new set of validation  requirements (it
> must be an error to try to delete or replace attributes on an element
> that isn't there)

the ramifications are piggish, yes.

>> <moduleRef key="core" exclude="p ab list item"/>
>>
>> as a shorthand too
>
> Should there be a schematron constraint that says you can't do both?
> i.e. you can't exclude elements with this attribute and also with an
> explicit <elementSpec mode="delete"/>

similarly, what if you include "p" and then delete it?

its an agenda item for the "odd 3rd generation" meeting..

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente