[tei-council] idle musing on customization

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 4 07:50:22 EDT 2009

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>

>>> <moduleRef key="core" include="p ab list item"/>  ???
>>>

>> for example. Yes.
>>
>> Doesn't help with attributes of course, but maybe they are second
>> class citizens anyway.
>>

> I wondered about that. but yes, they are much less obtrusive,
> and I can't quite think what the syntax would be

Presumably I have to do

<moduleRef key="core" include="p"/>

<elementSpec ident="p" module="core">
<attlist mode="replace">
<attDef ident="foo" mode="delete"/>
</attList>

which opens the door to a whole new set of validation  requirements (it
must be an error to try to delete or replace attributes on an element
that isn't there)

> maybe we could support
>
> <moduleRef key="core" exclude="p ab list item"/>
>
> as a shorthand too

Should there be a schematron constraint that says you can't do both?
i.e. you can't exclude elements with this attribute and also with an
explicit <elementSpec mode="delete"/>