[tei-council] Values of @xml:lang on <exemplum>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 04:01:06 EDT 2009

Excellent to get this sorted.
> I would suggest, then, that we merge cases in #2 with #3 and assign them
> all @xml:lang="". Those exempla are then considered language-neutral for
> purposes of display. I assume that's more important to us than enabling
> people to search for <exemplum>s that happen to be in Old English or
> Arabic or whatever?

I am ambivalent about this. But on the whole I think your suggestion
is the only practical one. We can change the schema for the Guidelines
to make xml:lang compulsory on <exemplum>, by the way.

the processing _will_ have to change. Can we get this done
in the next month? how close are you to a listing all the
exempla which need an xml:lang=""? I assume we just assign "en" to
all the others which have no xml:lang at present.