[tei-council] ESF Proposal

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 06:46:33 EDT 2009

Thanks for suggestions one and all.

I've revised the abstract to read as follows:

   version of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) Guidelines from a
   European perspective, and propose a road map for the next version
   of this standard, identifying priority areas for revision, new
   topics to be covered, and further expansion of its existing
   internationalization components. The workshop outcomes will feed
   into ongoing international efforts and contribute to existing
   European infrastructural activities such as DARIAH by facilitating
   detailed reflective and technical activity in such key research
   areas as digital humanities, management and distribution of
   cultural heritage, language industries, literary studies, and
   digital publishing.

and made a number of other changes to bring i18n into more prominence.

After discussing it with Arianna, I am inclined to leave JMU as a
participant rather than a referee. I'm going to suggest the following as
referees:

Michael Sperberg-McQueen (W3C)
Harold Short (Kings)
Prof. Dr. Stefan Gradmann (Berlin)