[tei-council] ESF Proposal

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 06:31:43 EDT 2009

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> b) someone similar but related to the development of web publishing
>> and services in the next 5-10 years...not just a semantic web devotee,
>> but a realist with lots of experience of paying attention to how and
>> why things develop.
> I think that's for the next workshop. this one
> decides if we want to go down the line at all;
> people like Stefano would come to a detailed planning
> session. similarly James Clark, Wolfgang Meier, Wendell Piez
> might be right for bits of a later one. This ESF thing
> is, in my view, for existing TEI people to decide where they
> want to go.

Ok, I'll buy that.  So the ESF one is more about where TEI should go
according to its current constituents, and if apply for a Dagstuhl one
next year it would be for implementation of that vision along with
additional technological expansion.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford