[tei-council] ESF Proposal

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 05:45:08 EDT 2009

James Cummings wrote:
> a) someone who does a lot with and understands where multimedia
> applications are going on the web. (i.e. what is the next SVG/PNG/MPEG,
> and what will people be doing with video/graphics in relation to texts
> in 5-10 years that we can't guess.)

I am less convinced by this.  Lots of us do work in the area already
> b) someone similar but related to the development of web publishing and
> services in the next 5-10 years...not just a semantic web devotee, but a
> realist with lots of experience of paying attention to how and why
> things develop.
I think that's for the next workshop. this one
decides if we want to go down the line at all;
people like Stefano would come to a detailed planning
session. similarly James Clark, Wolfgang Meier, Wendell Piez
might be right for bits of a later one. This ESF thing
is, in my view, for existing TEI people to decide where they
want to go.

> One could make a similar argument for someone involved in hard-science
> publishing.
thats what Efke Schmidt is, backed up by me and Laurent