[tei-council] [Fwd: Library SIG recommendations]

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 04:03:53 EDT 2009

I tend to agree with Laurent here.

Perry's note says that it's unreasonable to expect vendors to identify
individual nonstandard characters, which seems plausible. But he
suggests that the likely practice would be to represent their presence
by  <gap> -- in which case you might just as well save a few keystrokes
and use <g>, thus avoiding tab abuise and making the subsequent editing
a lot easier. Purists might fo for <g ref="#unknownChar"/>