[tei-council] FR: Allow <listPlace> as child of <settingDesc>

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Apr 23 14:13:36 EDT 2009

I have just added a feature request on SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2779741&group_id=106328&atid=644065

As you may have gathered from my post yesterday on TEI-L, I'm dealing
with a corpus of transcribed conversations, and discovered to my
surprise that one can't group settings using <listPlace>, but only with
multiple <setting>s. Hence the request. (One strong rationale: if a
project already has an extensive set of place information encoded using
<listPlace>, it would be a real pain in the butt to have to convert all
of that to use <setting>s for the purposes of reference.)

But I'm new to this area of the Guidelines, so if I'm overlooking a
strong counterargument, let me know!

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA