[tei-council] great tei marketing opportunity?

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Apr 14 11:13:26 EDT 2009

This might be an interesting idea for the members' meeting... whose
theme is large scale digitization.

Laurent Romary wrote:
> My feeling would be to systematically contact the corresponding people
> and tell them about about the TEI and see whether they would like to
> ensure long-term legebility and sustainability of their data by
> integrating an international standardisation initiative. If only one
> out of several agree to witxh (if we arrive at the right time like for
> ISO), then it is a way to expand in relation to very concrete
> activities.
> Any one know the people in charge of these Congresional record and
> would like to establish a contact?
> Laurent
>
> Le 13 avr. 09 à 16:16, David Sewell a écrit :
>

>> There is also a (non-TEI) Congressional Record XML:
>>
>> http://wiki.govtrack.us/index.php/Congressional_Record_XML

>>> And it isn't like the idea of storing parliamentary records in TEI
>>> is a
>>> new idea.  A few years ago I was invited to discuss TEI at a
>>> technical
>>> subcommittee of the History of Parliament project which was trying to
>>> get the various disparate parliamentary papers digitisation
>>> projects to
>>> all adopt a similar strain of XML.  (Some are indeed using TEI I
>>> believe.)
>>>
>>> -James
>>>

>> --
>> David Sewell, Editorial and Technical Manager
>> ROTUNDA, The University of Virginia Press
>> PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
>> Courier: 310 Old Ivy Way, Suite 302, Charlottesville VA 22903
>> Email: dsewell at virginia.edu   Tel: +1 434 924 9973
>> Web: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/