[tei-council] great tei marketing opportunity?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Tue Apr 14 09:45:10 EDT 2009

I have a contact in another part of the US State Department who (I
believe) is using TEI in a project digitizing military records. I'll ask
him.

I wonder, however, how realistic it is to expect conversion to TEI of
the existing markup. For example, the tagset they are using to mark up
Congressional bills is very specific to legislation:

http://wiki.govtrack.us/index.php/Bill_XML

Certainly one could figure out a way to translate all this to TEI, but
it wouldn't be simple.

David