[tei-council] the new <constraint> element

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 9 11:02:56 EDT 2009

My worry was, as well, that having <desc> (or whatever) followed by
anyXML would lead to problems.

Is my desire to have the ability at least to record some descriptive
text along side any particular constraint unreasonable?  I'm willing to
  do without it if no one else thinks this is a good idea.  Just seemed
like the first thing someone would ask for though. ;-)

An alternative might be to allow <desc> inside <constraintGrp> and
describe any of the individual <constraint>s contained in that group at
that location.  However that goes against the spirit of <desc>, which
explicitly mentions its parent element, doesn't it?

Other solutions?

Laurent Romary wrote:
> We could experiment this, but I fear that we may want to find another
> solution soon which would lead us to deprecate this proposal right after
> having it be introduced...
>
> Le 9 avr. 09 à 14:36, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :
>
>> James Cummings wrote:
>>> However, even in non-semantically grouped constraints, where do I
>>> record a description of the rule?
>> shall we just put
>>
>>      <rng:zeroOrMore>
>>        <rng:ref name="model.glossLike"/>
>>      </rng:zeroOrMore>
>>
>> at the top of the content model? (though it would probably become
>> non-deterministic when followed by anyXML)
>>
>> --
>> Sebastian Rahtz
>> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>> 13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431

Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford