[tei-council] great tei marketing opportunity?

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 5 17:23:07 EDT 2009

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>> http://ukparse.kforge.net/parlparse/
>>
>> putting this into TEI might be fun...
>
> er, why?
>
> you could scrape http://www.bbc.co.uk/ and turn that
> into TEI too, if fun is the name of the game.

And it isn't like the idea of storing parliamentary records in TEI is a
new idea.  A few years ago I was invited to discuss TEI at a technical
subcommittee of the History of Parliament project which was trying to
get the various disparate parliamentary papers digitisation projects to
all adopt a similar strain of XML.  (Some are indeed using TEI I believe.)

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford