[tei-council] [ tei-Feature Requests-2209933 ] content model of 'am'

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Mar 30 01:19:50 EDT 2009

Intellectually, as Gaby knows, I'm of Lou's camp on this. I don't think
there should be transcriptional elements inside am for reasons discussed
on the list already.

Practically, however, like w which also used to exclude them, the
pressure to combine transcriptional with linguistic/rhetorical markup is
probably too strong to resist.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/