[tei-council] GREEN for go

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sun Mar 15 22:42:36 EDT 2009

Lou et al.,

Re 2517629, "@type and @resp in <note>": what the FR submitter wants is
perhaps more than minor as it calls for us to model a (fairly
important) markup distinction between a note being transcribed and a
note being added. Whatever we add here might be interpreted as "this is
how to indicate a non-authorial note in TEI" rather than as a pure
example. So you might want to run your proposed addition by us for
comment before committing?

Re 2556006, "allowed content of tagsDecl". One tactic for
disamgbiguation would be to create a second <specList> for <specDesc
key="tagUsage"/>, and to introduce it with a tag like "<gi>namepace</gi>
has the following child element:".  It would be nice if you could just
put an indent on tagUsage via

   <specDesc key="tagUsage" rend="indent"/>

but I don't think the current stylesheet will process the @rend. (This
is a basic limitation of the specList/specDesc approach to pulling in
content, I guess.)

David