[tei-council] [Fwd: Dagstuhl - Call for Proposals (Deadline April 15)]

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 14:55:05 EDT 2009

I'd agree that it is a good idea, but don't have much time before April
15.  Since it is to be held in Late 2010 or early 2011, maybe that is
the time to start think about what should go into a P5 version 2 (or 3
or whatever, we're currently on 1.3.x). Or of course, what should
constitute a P6...

I'd say that it should cover areas the TEI doesn't currently serve as
well as it should, and bring together experts in those areas with
experts in TEI. (Those who have previously been Council members
definitely should be invited.  And hopefully experts in new areas would
be those who also have some TEI knowledge.)

As with some of the rest of you I've been to a Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar
before and found it highly informative and engaging.  (Though that was
less focussed on practical work as I'd suggest we might want to be...)

Best,
-James

Lou Burnard wrote:
> It's rather short notice, but maybe a dagstuhl perspective workshop on
> TEI for the next decade would be plausible?
>
> Anyone interested in working on such an idea?

Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford