[tei-council] Fwd: TEI Council public meeting 2009 - Call for Participation

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 9 11:15:33 EDT 2009

Laurent,

Am I correct in assuming that the TEI Council moderators for each
session will basically have the duties of (1) introducing the speakers;
(2) posing some questions to the presenters; (3) moderating questions
from the audience?

My experience with scholarly editions is as a publisher and manipulater
of XML, rather than as a scholarly editor. So Arianna would be better
suited to the Editions session, I think. Sebastian requested Publishing
Platforms. I have little experience with oral or written corpora. So...
I might be best suited to chair Software Session / Session logiciels.
Also, if there are more volunteers than sessions, I will not be offended
if I'm not on the list.

My French is good enough that I can pronounce people's names,
institutions, and project titles without doing much violence to the
French language, but like Arianna je préférerais ne pas faire des
discours...

I'll be arriving in Lyon at Part-Dieu ca. 16:00 on Tuesday, but may or
may not have the energy for a formal dinner (arriving via overnight
flight at CDG airport that morning, and I don't sleep well on
airplanes).

David