[tei-council] moving to XSLT 2.0

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Mar 8 06:22:15 EDT 2009

As you know I'm in favour of this.  XSLT2 is a proven technology with
many benefits in terms of simplifying complex transformations.  The only
drawback of it is that there are a limited number of implementations of
XSLT2 processors.  However, I think that the stability both of java and
saxon mean that at least the current version will continue to exist far
into the future.

I think moving to Apache Ant for build processes is also a good idea.

Best,
-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford