[tei-council] moving to XSLT 2.0

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 7 11:35:09 EST 2009

I am wondering for the next release of TEI P5 about switching
the build mechanism to use entirely XSLT 2.0 and the Saxon
processor.

What do people think? I might also see if the basic processing
could then be rewritten using ant. Nerdy stuff, I know. It means
moving to a more Java-based world.

On a related note, I am hoping to make a new release
of Vesta, the desktop TEI processor, next week; this will
include a complete parallel set of XSLT stylesheets reengineered
to take advantage of XSLT 2.0.

And, yes, Laurent, Vesta will support processing "profiles",
so you'll be able to switch between ISO and other modes; yes, Lou,
that means there will be an ENRICH profile with its customized
stylesheets.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente