[tei-council] Last question about badges

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:01:29 EST 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> yes, "We use TEI" would be rather fun. "Powered by"
> _is_ a bit pretentious.

Hmm, I have somewhat the opposite reaction. In the computing world, my
sense is that "Powered by X" was always a slightly geeky play on the way
the phrase was used in the race-car world: Powered by Pennzoil, Powered
by Ferrari, whatever. "We/I use TEI" is a little too personal for my
taste.

So at a minimum I would suggest the "We/I use" phrasing should be an
alternative, not a replacement.

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA