[tei-council] TEI as XML persona

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 12 05:27:38 EST 2009

Lou Burnard wrote:
> Christian Wittern wrote:
>> For a moment of fun go over to
>> http://assets.en.oreilly.com/1/event/19/XML%20in%20Practice_%20Formats,%20Tools,%20and%20Techniques%20Presentation%203.pdf
>> and look at how Bill Kasdorf explains some of the larger XML DTDs out there.
>> TEI is mentioned on slide 9, but I won't spoil the moment for you to discover...
>
> This is really nice, but what a pity no-one has told him about ODD!

And of course his example where you might not want to use a 'standard
format', i.e. a recipe, neglects to mention that there are (a number of)
standard XML formats out there for recipe markup. ;-)  I liked the TEI
photo though!

-James
--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford