[tei-council] Lyon practicalities

Paul F. Schaffner pfs-listmail at umich.edu
Wed Feb 11 18:36:45 EST 2009

I am only now beginning to (fearfully) consider these matters.

-- does this seem an absurd route: fly to Gatwick, Eurostar
    (train) from St Pancras to Lille; TGV to Lyon? (the object
    is to avoid Paris; to avoid all occasions when I might need to
    speak or understand French(!); and to avoid as much
    optional flying as possible.)

-- I usually just use my CarPhone Warehouse SIM in the UK (or
    buy a new one for ten pounds). Would a similar deal be
    readily available in France? I.e., are cheap SIMs sold
    everywhere, even to non-residents? (And no, I don't have
    or want an iPhone--as you'd expect, I dislike touchscreens and
    Apple interfaces :)--, just a basic, reliable,  Motorola quad-band
    unlocked GSM clamshell with good range and battery life.)

pfs