[tei-council] [Fwd: Re: Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417]

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 26 03:55:00 EST 2009

A message from Kevin:

-------- Originele bericht --------
Onderwerp: Re: [tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417
Datum: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:46:24 -0500
Van: Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info>
> but maybe we need to check the basis again: do those who
> want <idno> as a child of <author> still definitely believe
> it is the right solution?

This is acceptable to me, especially considering the variety of elements
allowed in <author>.

If this change is made, I suggest that every time in the Guidelines it
says that <idno> is for a "number" used to "identify a bibliographic
item", change it to say that it is an *identifier* used to "identify a
component of a bibliographic description".

Kevin